Harvard Medical School Postgraduate Medical Education (PGME) is a learning center providing doctors, researchers, and health care professionals around the world with continuing medical education that is current, authoritative, trustworthy, and accessible.
Lean Forward, a blog from PGME, focuses on creating conversation around issues of public health policy, medical ethics, medical education, and health care delivery—issues that are in the news or subjects that aren’t being talked about but should be. What do you want your colleagues to do or know about the issues you are passionate about? This is the place to state your case. Citing research is highly encouraged, but you are allowed to express your opinions as well.
We accept guest submissions from credentialed health care professionals.
When inquiring about submitting content to our blogs for publication, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “writing for HMS CME Online blogs” in the subject line. If you would like to present a topic idea, please include information about your background and either a writing sample or a link to a published piece.
- You should hear from us within two weeks as to whether your topic idea/post has been accepted for publication.*
- If accepted, you will be asked to provide a high-quality head shot and a short bio to include at the end of your post. You may also use your bio to link to a profile page or social media, but we cannot link to pages where you sell services or products.
- We reserve the right to edit all material for clarity, accuracy, and search engine optimization as well as to remove links that are not a good fit for the Harvard Medical School or the Harvard Medical School CME Online brand.
(*Note: Inquiries from content marketers and others authors who are not credentialed health care professionals cannot be answered due to the high volume of such inquiries.)
All posts must be original. They cannot be published elsewhere online, nor can they be offered to other online entities for publication once they appear on Lean Forward. Duplicate content is detrimental to a website’s ranking, and ultimately, will adversely affect the author as well.
Minimum 400 words. Please submit as an MS Word document. We will provide a featured photo.
Do not include images with your posts unless you own the rights to them and be prepared to back up your claim if such is the case. Images including charts and graphs may not be copied from the internet.
Other Copyrighted Materials:
You must properly cite all source material you include in your posts and provides links to resources that are available online. The HMS CME Online team reserves the right to remove material from your post that is not protected under Fair Use.
A wide range of posts on health care and medical advancements are acceptable, but here are some suggestions. Posts may:
- Relay expert medical information related to topics trending in the news
- Enlighten health care professionals on issues they are facing today or are expected to face in the near future
- Draw attention to relevant new studies
- Tie in to topics that are being addressed within Harvard Medical School’s continuing education courses
HMS CME Online is offering credentialed health professionals $200 for an accepted guest post.